Sunday, March 20, 2016

Final Project Process- Heading Towards Mid Review...

Step 1: Defining My Site
Over the trip to Mexico, I had chance to look over the main site. The grid area between the bar on the left and the library is a big transition space. The green area below the stairs is the transition zone between the parking lot and the campus. Using these as my elements for limit, I choose where I wanted to build my building. ( The area which is shown with orange marker).

  




Step 2: Defining Spaces
My Drawdle from the liminal space analysis has many aspects that I can use to start. I have created this drawdle from multiple sections. The way I rotated above has a good sectional quality. There are two main spaces, two transition spaces and a circulation space. I started to read this by reading from outside to the inside. That is how I got the section on the left.

 

Step 3: Design Ideas
Since it is a building that is for showing films, I decided the use the techniques that I am most familiar with, based on the short film project that we did: dissolve and fade. I can use these effects both in plans and sections. As for plans, It can be used as transition from one zone to another while on section, I can use it for similar purposes by playing with the ceiling, creating angles. However, I have to be careful how I am using those angles because they also have to be used based on the view that I can get from my building.

  

Step 4: Sketch and Sketch and Sketch...
During this week, I have tried to find a way to turn my ideas to reality. My challenge was to think everything in actual scale. In all my attempts, I had struggle with using the angles on my plans. That is why, I will add my angles once I figure out how I set up my zones.Towards the end of the week, My plans started to look closer to what I was aiming for, however, now my problem is I am not giving enough circulation space. I am thinking of improving the plans that are on the left because that is how I want to organize my building.




No comments:

Post a Comment